What Can I Expect?
At our office, we are happy to provide our patients the utmost in oral hygiene care. We want you to know that your comprehensive dental health is our number one goal. Please take a moment to thoroughly review the process of the hygiene continuing care check-up:
- Examination of teeth to detect decay
- Inspection of existing fillings and/or crowns for leaks or cracks
- Evaluation of gum tissue conditions
- Evaluation of biting patterns
- Blood pressure screening (if necessary)
- X-rays for detecting decay, bone loss, and oral pathologies (diseases)
- Head and neck oral cancer screening
- Tooth polishing based on the patient’s present oral health conditions
- Application of fluoride as necessary
- Proper brushing and flossing instructions
- Periodontal screening
- Scaling procedure for individuals in normal/good periodontal health (removes plaque, calculus, and stains to prevent caries and periodontal disease)
- Presentation of necessary dental treatment
- Treatment plan for necessary work to be completed
- Evaluation of cosmetic needs to improve the smile
- Dietary suggestions as necessary
- Discussion of recommended time periods between hygiene re-care appointments
- Referral to specialists (eg. Periodontist, Oral Surgeon, Orthodontist, etc.) as needed
- Update on advances in dental care to improve the patient’s oral health
- Instructions on specific plaque control items such as: Proxybrush, Flosser, Perio-Aid, Sonic Care, BreathRx, Peridex, and denture care as needed
Please also refer to related articles that make oral health understanding easy and action clear:
“It’s More Than ‘Just a Cleaning.’ It’s Prevention!” —the condition of teeth and gums can indicate overall health. Find tips for hygiene, dental procedures, and home oral care habits.
“Periodontal Disease” describes health risks, progression, and treatment.
“Achieve an Ageless Smile” —tips for keeping teeth and gums younger than years.
“Clenching & Grinding Teeth” —solutions for cracked or damaged teeth due to bruxism.
“How to Brush Your Teeth” —brushing techniques to protect gums, and preserve tooth health, that form healthy, life-long, hygiene habits.
Explore blog articles for more personal and practical considerations:
“Cleaning Towards Total Health” —discover how regular hygiene check-ups affects your health in unexpected ways.
“What is the Value of One Tooth?” —Scott Smith explains his realizations gained from hard experience.
“Eight Steps to Dental Health” —of all the activities for ensuring health, dental diligence is the least time-consuming. Keep your teeth for a lifetime with only eight simple steps in a daily routine.
“I am treated with such transparency about my health and what is going on in my mouth with Dr. Chernoff. I have never been exposed to such a high level of technology and professionalism.” -Marek
“It has been a long journey, always trying hard, kind, patience, and highly successful. I have no complaints. I would change husbands before I would change dentists. And my husband knew it too.” -Nancy
Click here to discover what patients have experienced working with Dr. Chernoff for their dental treatments.
Choose a dental care team with experience, skill, talent, and compassion you can depend upon. OUR MISSION is to help our patients achieve a higher level of self-esteem, quality of life, and well-being, by enhancing the appearance, comfort, and function of their teeth.
Please call our convenient Evanston dental office at 847-475-4080.
Consult “Patient Education” for concise dental treatment explanations and solutions.
Enjoy “Chernoffisms” to inspire your dental health from a wealth of memorable sayings.
Comment on Facebook to share concerns or questions you may have.
Improve and maintain your oral health. Visit our dental office located in downtown Evanston, convenient to Skokie, Wilmette, and Northern Chicago suburbs. We look forward to helping you! —Dr. Arnold K. Chernoff