Today, the magic of new materials and efficient treatments have resulted in dental procedures that are predictable, comfortable, and ultimately successful for the patient. Most tooth damage due to injury or decay, can be restored for full functionality, and even normalcy.
(Options begin with the simplest solutions and advances to complete replacement):
- Composite and Amalgam Restorations— replaces fillings that are old or damaged, giving the filling a much longer life
- Veneers & Laminates — bonds porcelain or resin to the surface of the tooth, changing the structure
- Inlays & Onlays — bonds a stronger and more durable material, one-step beyond a filling, often cosmetically preferred
- Crown and Bridges — fortifies a tooth that is cracked or has had endodontic therapy, but still has a strong root. A crown is durable and lasts approximately ten to twenty years.
- Dentures — replaces all lost teeth and can be a good option when there is deterioration due to periodontal disease, decay, or aging.
- Dental Implants — replaces missing teeth with the most predictable treatment. An artificial tooth, an implant anchors into the bone and is as durable and functional as the natural tooth.
Choosing a Restorative Dentist
Don’t make this decision lightly: you need the best functionality for your situation, and set a foundation that can be best maintained.
Search for a dentist with years of experience, who keeps up with the latest advancements, and who is able to provide referrals from previous patients who have undergone similar procedures. Choose a dental care team that believes in collaborating with you on your best options.
It is hard to stay healthy if you can’t chew. How your teeth perform can determine your choices in diet, and can even impact your social decisions. Dr. Chernoff, and our team, together master state-of-the-art techniques, stay ahead of advancements, and offer the best choices for you to achieve functional normalcy. The quality of your life depends greatly on the condition of your teeth and gums. When you take care of them, they take care of you.
For more information and to schedule a consultation with Dr. Chernoff at our Evanston dental office, please call our office at 847-475-4080. We look forward to helping you enjoy your meals, feel comfortable in public, and can focus on what matter most in your lifestyle.